Get ready for Sunday night’s Video Music Awards to open with a killer performance.
MTV announced on Thursday that Nicki Minaj will kick off this year’s show.
This will be the rapper’s third time performing at the VMAs and if her open is anything like last year’s “Anaconda” performance, the bar for other performers will be set pretty high early on.
Minaj’s VMAs performance comes in the midst of her sold-out Pinkprint Tour, which is currently making its way across the U.S., after multiple stops overseas.
Earlier this week, MTV announced six other stars who’ll be performing on Sunday night. A mix of VMA veterans and newbies, the roster includes Pharrell, Demi Lovato, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, A$AP Rocky, Twenty One Pilots and Tori Kelly.
The MTV Video Music Awards air on Sunday at 9 p.m. ET.
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement