Rescuers discovered two emaciated horses in at least three feet of waste at a neglected farm in Maryland. The Humane Society of Washington County was alerted of the horses last Friday and rescuers took them to the Days End Farm Horse Rescue to recover, according to WUSA in Washington.
The animals reportedly had 3 foot hooves that had to be partially removed in order to transport them to the Farm. According to WUSA, the horses had likely not received medical care in 15 years.
The horses are reportedly recovering slowly, but the neglect was so severe they have to be careful.
Read next: This is What Killed Knut the Polar Bear
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time