This spring, the El Paso Zoo’s O.G. orangutans Ibu and Butch welcomed a new baby, which they named after their favorite Game Of Thrones character, Khaleesi, played by tangentially related mammal Emilia Clarke.
This week marked Khaleesi’s public debut, meaning after she spent a few months “bonding with Ibu behind the scenes,” she was finally ready to eat, sleep and chew pieces of the ground in front of her loyal human subjects. On Tuesday, Khaleesi deigned to perform yet another impressive action before her prostrating crowd of admirers: Stand up.
For her next trick, Khaleesi will take back what was stolen from her and destroy those who wronged her. Keep up with her developmental progress and Dothraki lessons at Ibusmommyblog.com.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body