Today in imagery you didn’t need think about: “I’m so low that my cojones almost draggin’ on the concrete,” which comes courtesy of Macklemore on his new song with Ryan Lewis, “Downtown.” The Seattle rapper must be done with his thrift-shopping days, because the track finds Macklemore in the mood to spend some serious dollars on a moped for this funky follow-up to his comeback Ed Sheeran collaboration. “Downtown” feels like several songs in one—some ’80s arena-rock vibes, what sounds like a Sugarhill Gang tribute—which will probably make for a splashy debut performance at this weekend’s MTV Video Music Awards.
Correction: The original version of this story incorrectly described the content of the song.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve