Basketball legends Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant publicly feuded during their final years on the LA Lakers together in the early 2000’s, but in a new interview both men say they have matured since then.
“A lot of stuff was said out of the heat of the moment,” O’Neal said on his show ‘The Big Podcast With Shaq,’ according to LakersNation. “I guarantee I don’t remember a lot of stuff that they said because I changed my thought process.”
Bryant, who was a guest on O’Neal’s show, agreed. “I was an idiot when I was a kid… I think having our debates within the press was something I wish would’ve been avoided, but it did kind of create this whirlwind around us as a team with myself and Shaq and the press and the media that just put so much pressure on us as an organization.”
The full podcast will be released Monday.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time