This weekend, actor Zac Efron was for some reason hanging out in the notoriously dangerous Skid Row area of Los Angeles and ended up getting socked in the mouth after an altercation with a group of homeless people.
Police say they saw Efron and his bodyguard “in a full-blown melee with at least 3 other people,” according to TMZ. Apparently his car had run out of gas and while waiting for a tow truck, he threw a bottle out the window and it smashed on the ground near “a group of transients.” They apparently attacked Efron and his bodyguard, and the actor ended up getting punched hard in the mouth.
Law enforcement officials told TMZ that nobody was arrested because they viewed it as “mutual combat.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com