A new ad from Target is a celebration of Star Wars fandom, featuring little boys and girls dressed up like Han Solo, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, and battling older relatives with lightsabers — all while John Williams’ classic Star Wars theme plays in the background. The two-minute spot is a promotion for new Star Wars merchandise hitting shelves on September 4 — also known as “Force Friday” — to gear up for the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18.
Watching the promotion is a total nostalgia trip that will make Star Wars fans feel like the force is with them all over again. And the retailer hopes that fans who feel this way will channel that energy into submitting their favorite memories about the films on its website.
Rare Photos of George Lucas Behind the Scenes of Star Wars
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at firstname.lastname@example.org