A new ad from Target is a celebration of Star Wars fandom, featuring little boys and girls dressed up like Han Solo, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, and battling older relatives with lightsabers — all while John Williams’ classic Star Wars theme plays in the background. The two-minute spot is a promotion for new Star Wars merchandise hitting shelves on September 4 — also known as “Force Friday” — to gear up for the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18.
Watching the promotion is a total nostalgia trip that will make Star Wars fans feel like the force is with them all over again. And the retailer hopes that fans who feel this way will channel that energy into submitting their favorite memories about the films on its website.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve