UFC champion Ronda Rousey is sending another jab Floyd Mayweather’s way.
The two fighters have gone back and forth with insults. After winning Best Fighter at the ESPY awards, Rousey said, “I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once. I’d like to see him pretend to not know who I am now.” (Mayweather has a documented history of domestic violence.) Later on, Mayweather responded: “I’ve yet to see any MMA fighter, or other boxer, make over $300 million in 36 minutes. When she can do that, then call me.”
In a TMZ video, Rousey responds to the criticism saying: “I actually did the math and given the numbers of my last fight, I’m actually the highest paid UFC fighter and I’m a woman.” She adds, “I actually make 2-3 times more than he does per second. when he learns to read and write, he can text me.”
It’s unlikely this is the last we hear of this spat.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time