Reality TV star Josh Duggar, co-star of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting, has checked himself into rehab a week after admitting he was “the biggest hypocrite ever” because he has been addicted to pornography and has been “unfaithful” to his wife Anna, according to a statement posted Wednesday on the Duggar family’s website.
The admission came amid reports that the former executive director for the conservative lobbying group Family Research Council had an account on hacked extramarital affairs website Ashley Madison. About a month ago, TLC officially cancelled the Duggars’ show after it was revealed in mid-May that police had been investigating Josh for allegedly molesting five girls.
Read the latest statement from the family below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement