On Wednesday, Burger King reached out to its rival McDonald’s, proposing that the two chains come together to create a hybrid of their signature burgers, the Whopper and the Big Mac. McDonald’s declined Burger King’s proposal to make the so-called McWhopper, which was publicized in full-page ads in the New York Times and Chicago Tribune.
We’re not too upset about McDonald’s rejection, though, because really, the McWhopper just isn’t that exciting. We’ve got a few ideas for way more outrageous (yet totally marketable) unions between fast food chains.
- Starbucks + Chipotle = Pumpkin Spice Guacamole. Sometimes a busy young woman just doesn’t have time to visit both Starbucks and Chipotle, especially in autumn when she’s got an apple-picking date to get to. That’s why we need to combine both chain’s signature flavors.
- Subway + Einstein’s = Footlong Bagel. Sometimes bagels are just too small. This is America, so if you want a bagel that measures 12 inches across, it’s your right. (Ideally, this would come with a small bucket of cream cheese in your choice of three flavors.)
- McDonald’s + Bojangles = American Poutine. For an American twist on a classic Canadian dish, combine McDonald’s iconic fries with Bojangles’ gravy and mac and cheese.
- Auntie Anne’s + Panda Express = Soft Pretzel Chopsticks. You should get a reward for using chopsticks to eat your fried rice or beef and broccoli, and that reward should obviously be that the chopsticks are made out of soft pretzels.
- Pizza Hut + IHOP = Pancake Pizza. This is pretty simple: it’s a pizza, but where you’d normally find pizza dough, you instead find a pancake. This could work well as a breakfast item (think pizza with ham or bacon and a fried egg on it) or an anytime item.
- Arby’s + Taco Bell = Meat Tornado. This could also be known as the Ron Swanson Special. It would combine Arby’s Meat Mountain with Taco Bell’s meatiest burrito.
- Crumbs + Jamba Juice = Cupcake Smoothie. Finally, a totally healthy way to enjoy a cupcake. You just blend it up with some fruit. Done!
- Domino’s + Krispy Kreme = Pepperoni Pizza Doughnuts. Pizza bagels are simply too healthy, so let’s make pizza doughnuts instead.
- Chik-fil-a + KFC = Chicken Sandwich on Fried Chicken Buns. KFC offers the Double Down sandwich, which consists of bacon and cheese wedged between two chicken fillets, which serve as buns. Why not bring Chik-fil-a’s beloved chicken sandwiches into the mix to offer a chicken sandwich on chicken buns? Everyone loves chicken. Super marketable.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart