Nicola Sturgeon took a break from being Scotland’s First Minister by helping a man named Paul propose to his boyfriend, Ian, during a public meeting in the Scottish town of Oban.
The proposal, which was documented on her Twitter account, shows Sturgeon popping the question on the behalf of Paul, who was bent down on one knee.
Thankfully for all, a happy-looking Ian said yes, prompting Sturgeon to offer her congratulations to the couple.
On Wednesday, Sturgeon retweeted a picture of Ian’s engagement ring to her 200,000 followers.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow