Nicola Sturgeon took a break from being Scotland’s First Minister by helping a man named Paul propose to his boyfriend, Ian, during a public meeting in the Scottish town of Oban.
The proposal, which was documented on her Twitter account, shows Sturgeon popping the question on the behalf of Paul, who was bent down on one knee.
Thankfully for all, a happy-looking Ian said yes, prompting Sturgeon to offer her congratulations to the couple.
On Wednesday, Sturgeon retweeted a picture of Ian’s engagement ring to her 200,000 followers.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction