Two decades ago, Jonathan Larson introduced theatergoers to Rent, and one movie and off-Broadway revival later, fans are still living “La Vie Boheme.”
In honor of Rent’s 20th anniversary, Long Island City’s Secret Theatre will host a four-day run of the musical from Sept. 23-27. Playbillreports Nick Brennan will direct Secret Theatre’s production, starring Dan Rosenbaum as Roger, Nina Negron as Mimi, Bernard Holcomb as Collins, Mia Johnson as Joanne, Anthony Wright as Angel, Lindsay Lavin as Maureen and André Revels as Benny.
Since Rent lovers picked “No Day But Today” to buy tickets, they’ve already sold out. But fans can still get their Roger and Mimi fix at Staten Island’s Harbor Lights Theater Company staging of the show from Sept. 18-Oct. 20. The off-Broadway productions comes just a few months before the 20th anniversary of Rent’s original New York debut in January 1996 (it moved to Broadway four months later).
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate