The cast and crew of the next Star Trek film, Star Trek Beyond, is remembering the late Leonard Nimoy and supporting a cause close to the late actor’s heart.
Zachary Quinto, who stepped into Nimoy’s shoes (and ears) as Spock, leads the video tribute, remembering him as “an actor, a champion of the arts, and a true inspiration to so many.”
“Through his legendary portrayal of Spock, he influenced countless scientists and artists — myself and the rest of the cast included,” Quinto added.
The video, which shows Nimoy with Quinto and other members of the cast and crew, is part of the Omaze campaign highlighting nine different charities chosen by the Star Trek Beyond stars — including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, an organization Nimoy was passionate about.
Watch the cast pay homage (and give him a Vulcan salute) in the video above.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer