Running out of beer or wine for that barbecue you are hosting? If you are in Seattle, and are a member of Amazon.com’s Prime program, you are in luck.
Starting Tuesday, Prime members in Amazon’s hometown of Seattle can get one- and two-hour delivery of beer, wine and hard liquor like whiskey, rum, and vodka with the launch of Prime Now there, making Seattle the first U.S. city to include alcohol in the assortment of products eligible for the quick-delivery service.
Prime Now, which operates via a stand-alone app on iOS and Android devices, already operates in a number of major U.S. cities, including Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Indianapolis, Miami, and New York, where it launched last year.
The program is available to member of the $99 a year Prime membership but offers a more limited assortment than Prime. Still, eligible products can be delivered within two hours at no charge, and in one hour for $7.99. The selection tends to be focused on last-minute needs such as party supplies, cleaning products, electronics and some food.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization