An Olympic gymnastics coach was arrested early Monday morning in Indianapolis on suspicion of child molestation, a spokeswoman for the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office told NBC News.
The spokeswoman, Peg McLeish, said that Marvin Sharp has not formally been charged, and that her office is sharing its investigation with federal authorities.
NBC affiliate WTHR reported that the investigation began with a complaint from a female gymnast at Sharp’s Gymnastics Academy. On Sunday evening, detectives searching for child pornography removed computers and other electronic devices from Sharp’s home, the station reported.
In a statement, USA Gymnastics told WTHR that it “is…
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears