An Olympic gymnastics coach was arrested early Monday morning in Indianapolis on suspicion of child molestation, a spokeswoman for the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office told NBC News.
The spokeswoman, Peg McLeish, said that Marvin Sharp has not formally been charged, and that her office is sharing its investigation with federal authorities.
NBC affiliate WTHR reported that the investigation began with a complaint from a female gymnast at Sharp’s Gymnastics Academy. On Sunday evening, detectives searching for child pornography removed computers and other electronic devices from Sharp’s home, the station reported.
In a statement, USA Gymnastics told WTHR that it “is…
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma