An Olympic gymnastics coach was arrested early Monday morning in Indianapolis on suspicion of child molestation, a spokeswoman for the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office told NBC News.
The spokeswoman, Peg McLeish, said that Marvin Sharp has not formally been charged, and that her office is sharing its investigation with federal authorities.
NBC affiliate WTHR reported that the investigation began with a complaint from a female gymnast at Sharp’s Gymnastics Academy. On Sunday evening, detectives searching for child pornography removed computers and other electronic devices from Sharp’s home, the station reported.
In a statement, USA Gymnastics told WTHR that it “is…
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve