Media mogul Rupert Murdoch announced his top choice for a presidential candidate on Sunday, urging New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg to “step into [the] ring.”
Murdoch touted Bloomberg as a serious contender to Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, who has held a narrow lead in the polls, despite stiff competition and a string of controversial comments. Murdoch dubbed Bloomberg as the alternative “billionaire candidate.”
Murdoch was tweeting from a yacht above the Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Australia, where he also seemed to suggest climate change damage to the reef was untrue.
He later seemed to backtrack:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?