Darren Walsh, 39, has won the prize for the funniest joke at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland’s capital.
Every year thousands of performers head to Scotland to take part in the festival. The Edinburgh Fringe sees established acts to unknown artists play – be it in comedy, theatre, dance, spoken word, musicals and even cabaret – in over 200 venues scattered around the city.
Here’s 5 of the other jokes that made the shortlist:
The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is from August 7 – 31.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow