Darren Walsh, 39, has won the prize for the funniest joke at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland’s capital.
Every year thousands of performers head to Scotland to take part in the festival. The Edinburgh Fringe sees established acts to unknown artists play – be it in comedy, theatre, dance, spoken word, musicals and even cabaret – in over 200 venues scattered around the city.
Here’s 5 of the other jokes that made the shortlist:
The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is from August 7 – 31.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma