A Chinese woman who was making a connecting flight from Beijing to Wenzhou Friday was told by airport security that she could not take an expensive bottle of cognac, which she had bought from the U.S., onto the plane in her hand luggage as it was over 100 ml.
Not wanting to let her $200 Rémy Martin XO Excellence go to waste, the woman, surnamed Zhou, drank the entire bottle.
Zhou became so intoxicated that she was found rolling on the floor and acting erratically at a boarding gate at Beijing Capital International Airport, reports the South China Morning Post.
“She was so drunk … she couldn’t even stand up herself. We took her to a room in a wheelchair so she could rest,” a police officer told the local paper Beijing Times.
Zhou was not allowed to board her flight out of concern for the safety of others and herself as she was traveling alone. When Zhou woke (and sobered) up several hours later, her family escorted her home.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow