A Chinese woman who was making a connecting flight from Beijing to Wenzhou Friday was told by airport security that she could not take an expensive bottle of cognac, which she had bought from the U.S., onto the plane in her hand luggage as it was over 100 ml.
Not wanting to let her $200 Rémy Martin XO Excellence go to waste, the woman, surnamed Zhou, drank the entire bottle.
Zhou became so intoxicated that she was found rolling on the floor and acting erratically at a boarding gate at Beijing Capital International Airport, reports the South China Morning Post.
“She was so drunk … she couldn’t even stand up herself. We took her to a room in a wheelchair so she could rest,” a police officer told the local paper Beijing Times.
Zhou was not allowed to board her flight out of concern for the safety of others and herself as she was traveling alone. When Zhou woke (and sobered) up several hours later, her family escorted her home.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.