The 1984 classic Karate Kid follows a high-school senior named Daniel (Ralph Macchio) who moves from the East Coast to the West Coast and learns the art of self-defense (along with some important life lessons!) through an unlikely friendship with the sage Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita).
Or does it? A new video from YouTube user J. Matthew Turner argues that you’ve been interpreting one of the best high-school movies of all time totally wrong. It’s Daniel, not his supposed nemesis Johnny, who’s the real force of evil here, as this five-minute Karate Kid re-cut fastidiously points out. And as for Mr. Miyagi? Well, he’s actually a demon sorcerer who gives people special powers. See if you’re convinced by the clip, above.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer