Rapper Wiz Khalifa was handcuffed on Saturday afternoon for refusing to get off of his “hoverboard” at Los Angeles International Airport.
Khalifa, whose real name is Cameron Jibril Thomaz, tweeted about the incident.
The first video show Khalifa surrounded by cops.
“This? I didn’t do nothing, anyway,” he says in the video showing a time stamp of 3:55 pm. “What you want to do? Put me in jail because I didn’t listen to what you say? We can have all the conversations you want to, you can end up on TMZ, destined to become as famous as you wanna be.”
A second video was posted on Instagram, showing what appears to be the direct aftermath of the above conversation.
In the shot, Khalifa is shown on the ground, with at least three officers ordering him to stop resisting as they handcuff him. Khalifa responds, “I’m not resisting, sir.” Khalifa later captioned the video on Instagram: “3 cops yell stop resisting. Only thing to do is let em know. I’m not resisting, I’m doin what I want.”
Khalifa went to Twitter regarding the incident, mentioning in multiple tweets that hoverboards were the way of the future.
The Los Angeles Police Department did not immediately return requests for comment.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now