Beloved hip hop duo Outkast may have briefly reunited in 2014 for a few musical festivals, but they haven’t released new music in more than a decade, and appear to be pretty firm about their separation. Naturally, fans have long been wondering, Why?
A sketch on this week’s episode of Key & Peele sought to answer that question. The verdict? It all comes down to creative differences. Or, more specifically, it comes down to the fact that Andre 3000 is a big weirdo and his former partner Big Boi just can’t take it anymore.
The sketch starts with a chance encounter between the two performers in a coffee shop. Andre 3000, dressed like an extra-flamboyant Peter Pan, orders a “green half-caf half-decaf mint mocha latte, foam on the bottom, in a vase.” Things get weird quickly, and soon, the separation really starts to make sense.
Read next: Keegan-Michael Key on What It’s Like Rehearsing With President Obama
Listen to the most important stories of the day
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism