Jeb Bush is turning to his father and brother to help boost a Texas fundraiser.
Former presidents George H.W. and George W. Bush will attend an event in October called the “Jeb Celebration” to raise money for his presidential campaign, according to the Wall Street Journal.
To be invited to the event, donors must raise at least $50,000 by the end of September; to get their picture taken with the two former presidents, $100,000.
In addition, George W. Bush also sent an email to supporters asking for smaller contributions of $25 to $100, the first time he has intervened in the campaign.
“He’s got a tough road ahead,” he wrote in the email. “Take it from someone who’s been there.”
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?