We now live in a world where a human being has a McDonald’s receipt tattooed, rather prominently, on his arm.
Eighteen-year-old Stian Ytterdahl of Lorenskog, Norway, decided to get the ink because his friends wanted a way to punish him for “being a little too active with the ladies,” according to local media outlet Romereskes Blad. We’re not really sure what that means, exactly, or how this tattoo serves as punishment, but you know how teenagers are.
Apparently Ytterdahl’s friends gave him the following tattoo options: a drawing of his own butt, a Barbie, or their lunch receipt. We imagine it was a pretty tough call, but the receipt option prevailed. Tattoo parlor Sabelink Tattoo posted the final result on Facebook:
“Now I’m a living billboard,” Ytterdahl told the local paper. “But I think all this is just fun. Maybe it won’t be as fun when I’m 50 or 60 years, but it’s my choice.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org