Donald Trump says Ronda Rousey likes him. But it seems the 2016 Republican candidate may have misread the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion’s feelings.
In a recent interview with CNN, Trump said Rousey is a great example of women being good fighters, and said, “Some of them are really, really good. I’ll tell you what, I know some woman that are just — Ronda Rousey is an example, who likes me. … I’d take her on my side as a fighter.”
But in an earlier interview with the network, Rousey seemed to have the opposite feelings towards Trump: “I mean, I wouldn’t vote for him,” she said. “I just really wouldn’t trust the guy with running my country, that’s all. … I’m not really going to get into specifics of it, but, I mean, I don’t want a reality TV star to be running my country.”
Trump is currently leading most national polls of Republican candidates.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time