Pop star Kelly Clarkson let slip some big news at her Los Angeles concert on Wednesday night, telling the audience, “I’m totally pregnant.”
After getting teary while singing her 2015 anthem, “Piece by Piece,” Clarkson announced to the cheering crowd that she is expecting a second child, USA Today reports. She gave birth to River Rose, her daughter with husband Brandon Blackstock, last summer.
Clarkson told the audience that she had not planned to announce her pregnancy just yet and that even some family members still had not heard the news. But “I was crying, and I didn’t want you to think I was crazy,” she said.
The song’s lyrics focus on parenting: “I would never leave her like you left me/She will never have to wonder her worth/Because unlike you, I’m gonna put her first,” Clarkson sings at one point.
Despite her tears, Clarkson was able to laugh at her spur-of-the-moment admission. “I’m honestly so hormonal today,” she said. “That’s totally not how I wanted to announce that.”
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now