Pop star Kelly Clarkson let slip some big news at her Los Angeles concert on Wednesday night, telling the audience, “I’m totally pregnant.”
After getting teary while singing her 2015 anthem, “Piece by Piece,” Clarkson announced to the cheering crowd that she is expecting a second child, USA Today reports. She gave birth to River Rose, her daughter with husband Brandon Blackstock, last summer.
Clarkson told the audience that she had not planned to announce her pregnancy just yet and that even some family members still had not heard the news. But “I was crying, and I didn’t want you to think I was crazy,” she said.
The song’s lyrics focus on parenting: “I would never leave her like you left me/She will never have to wonder her worth/Because unlike you, I’m gonna put her first,” Clarkson sings at one point.
Despite her tears, Clarkson was able to laugh at her spur-of-the-moment admission. “I’m honestly so hormonal today,” she said. “That’s totally not how I wanted to announce that.”
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color