The Witch doesn’t arrive in theaters until next year, but it’s already causing a stir. The horror film, a feature directorial debut for Robert Eggers, was a fan favorite at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival, and its first trailer is now giving the masses a hint at what all the fuss is about.
The movie takes place in 1630s New England, where a family has left a settlement to go it alone in the wilderness, apparently after disputing with their church. But when a witch steals a baby from under the family’s nose, strange curses befall their farm, and the decision to leave England starts to look like a grave mistake.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer