Lookup, a free app released by LinkedIn Wednesday, helps you find your coworkers and learn more about their background much more efficiently. A post on the company’s blog states that you can search for someone based on their name, title, experience, education, and skills.
Simply sign in with your company email address and you can search for and view any employee at your company that has a LinkedIn account, whether or not they have Lookup. It’s essentially a more easily searchable employee directory, listing all the basic information that is available on their LinkedIn profile plus their company email address and cellphone number if they choose to make those options available.
Prior to releasing the app, LinkedIn surveyed 814 North American professionals. It discovered that only 38% of them found their company’s intranet to be effective in helping them search for and learn about coworkers, and 58% of them said it would be more effective if they could search for someone based on specific skills.
This comes in handy for people working at large companies who are searching for someone with a specific skill set or background with which to collaborate.
Ankit Gupta, LinkedIn’s senior product manager, spoke to Business Insider about the company’s new app:
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time