Great white sharks are known as the predators of the sea, but new video shows how sometimes they can be outrun.
In a video released by the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy this week, a seal dramatically jumps out of the water off Cape Cod to escape attack by a great white shark. In the end, the seal escapes.
“We had never seen a breach out of water before,” AWSC President Cynthia Wigren told ABC News. “It was pretty incredible to see.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve