Chelsea O’Donnell, the 17-year-old daughter of TV personality Rosie O’Donnell, has been found safe and is in police custody, her mother tweeted on Tuesday.
The announcement arrived just hours after O’Donnell had shared online that police since Sunday had been searching for Chelsea, who was last seen on Aug. 16 when she left her South Nyack, N.Y., home with her therapy dog. O’Donnell added that her daughter, whom a representative said suffers from mental illness, had stopped taking her medication and was “in need of medical attention.”
Additional details regarding O’Donnell’s daughter’s disappearance were not immediately available.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time