Chelsea O’Donnell, the 17-year-old daughter of TV personality Rosie O’Donnell, has been found safe and is in police custody, her mother tweeted on Tuesday.
The announcement arrived just hours after O’Donnell had shared online that police since Sunday had been searching for Chelsea, who was last seen on Aug. 16 when she left her South Nyack, N.Y., home with her therapy dog. O’Donnell added that her daughter, whom a representative said suffers from mental illness, had stopped taking her medication and was “in need of medical attention.”
Additional details regarding O’Donnell’s daughter’s disappearance were not immediately available.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving