Only a superfan would consider buying a green stove.
Meet Marcia Andreychuk of Calgary, who together with her significant other Joel Hamilton, turned their period kitchen into Marge’s from The Simpsons.
“I’m attracted to the quirky,” says Andreychuk. “Who wouldn’t want corn cob curtains? My significant other and I wanted to do a retrovation, keep old make it new, so we had the bizarre idea, why not take what we already have and turn it into the Simpsons kitchen?”
Andreychuk says her countertop was only $20, though her dream is to buy brand-new “retro-looking appliances.”
But what about a blue wig?
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving