Stars: They’re just like us. Especially when it comes to being grossed out by bed bugs.
Last night, Alex Morgan and Christine Sinclair sent a few not-so-happy tweets to the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), according to Sports Illustrated. While Morgan’s tweet has since been deleted, Sinclair’s is still available for the world to see:
The two Portland Thorns Football Club players were staying in the Adams Mark Hotel in Kansas City, MO, technically a three-star hotel, but with only a 1.9/5 star rating on Google and a review by a recent guest calling it “ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!”
According to SI, Morgan’s tweet called out the NWSL for these conditions, implying that this wasn’t the first time the player had stayed in less-than-luxurious accommodations:
The bed bug fiasco is just one example of the inequalities between male and female professional soccer players. As a simple point of comparison, the all-male New York City Football Club announced its partnership with the four-star Grand Hyatt back in March. No bed bugs have been found there…yet.
Subscribe to The Broadsheet, Fortune’s daily newsletter on the world’s most powerful women.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time