Marco Rubio’s visit to Des Moines spiraled out of control on Tuesday when he hit accidentally a child in the face with a football.
The errant throw came while Rubio was tossing the ball around with a group of kids in Iowa. According to a Bloomberg tweet, the child is okay. The throw, which was captured on video by Bloomberg News, went viral as a gif.
Rubio, along with Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, have been losing ground on the 2016 presidential campaign trail to Donald Trump. A new Fox News poll shows Rubio in third place among the GOP candidates with 12% of votes. Trump a whopping commands 25% of national support.
The throw has already become a meme: one of the best replaces the football with a Pokemon ball:
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time