If you’ve ever wondered what a bullet looks like when it’s shot, wonder no more: Mythbusters has captured slow motion footage of a pistol firing a round, and it’s a testament to physics and technical capability.
Using a camera that took 73,000 frames a second, the video shows the expulsion of a bullet traveling at 1,200 feet per second. The result? One of the most detailed films ever taken of a gunshot, complete with a mushroom cloud-like poof and mini flame spurts.
As host Adam Savage says, “It’s just really cool.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time