Less than two weeks after Jon Stewart signed off from The Daily Show, we already know his next project: hosting WWE’s SummerSlam.
The wrestling event will not be Stewart’s first encounter with WWE; the comedian got into a faux-spat with heavyweight champion Seth Rollins on his show earlier this year, which culminated in an invitation to Monday Night Raw; Stewart ended up kicking Rollins in the groin.
According to the WWE, the wrestling extravaganza will feature the Undertaker facing Brock Lesnar in a grudge-fueled rematch.
SummerSlam will be a four-hour pay-per-view broadcast from Brooklyn’s Barclay’s Center on Sunday.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was