Donald Trump got his day in court.
A Snapchat user was on the scene when the billionaire real estate mogul and presidential candidate reported for jury duty on Monday, capturing a sneaky shot as the jurors waited to hear whether they would be selected.
The Snapchat, captured for the better education of posterity, shows the unmistakable former reality TV star giving his characteristic smirk in the courtroom, surrounded by other jurors apparently oblivious to the magnate’s presence. Peter Hamby, Snapchat’s head of news, tweeted the sighting shared on the social network:
Trump entered the courthouse surrounded by hundreds of reporters. Asked whether he was hoping to be selected, Trump said with a smile: “Not particularly. But we’ll see what happens.”
The odds Trump gets selected for a case are slim: his name will be among 150 picked at random for three criminal cases. Even so, some New York jurors quivered at the thought of being selected alongside the conservative Trump, ABC reported.
Another man expressed his enthusiasm. When Trump walked back into the courtroom after a 10-minute break, someone in the crowd yelled out “Save this country, will you?”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time