Brienne is the U.K.’s newest entry to Game of Thrones-inspired baby names for females in 2014, according to data from the U.K. Office for National Statistics.
Last year, four girls were named Brienne, after Brienne of Tarth from the cult HBO television program. The Starks are the most popular Game of Thrones girls names: with 244 named Arya and 6 girls named Sansa.
The data also revealed that 53 girls were named Khaleesi –the royal title Daenerys Targaryen takes when she marries Khal Drogo. Nine girls were named Daenerys in 2014.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization