An emotional Vin Diesel praised Paul Walker and his daughter Meadow during this year’s Teen Choice Awards after Furious 7 took home the award for Choice Movie: Action.
“I can’t stand here and be rewarded like this without talking about somebody very, very, very important to us,” Diesel, who stood alongside costars Ludacris, Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez, said as the crowd cheered. “One of the best blessings in our lives is the fact that we have the opportunity to call Pablo our brother. Paul Walker is here in spirit with us.”
Diesel said that Walker’s family kept the cast going following the actor’s death in 2013, but he singled out Meadow, calling her a “very, very, very special teen.”
Walker also received a posthumous Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actor: Action.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart