An emotional Vin Diesel praised Paul Walker and his daughter Meadow during this year’s Teen Choice Awards after Furious 7 took home the award for Choice Movie: Action.
“I can’t stand here and be rewarded like this without talking about somebody very, very, very important to us,” Diesel, who stood alongside costars Ludacris, Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez, said as the crowd cheered. “One of the best blessings in our lives is the fact that we have the opportunity to call Pablo our brother. Paul Walker is here in spirit with us.”
Diesel said that Walker’s family kept the cast going following the actor’s death in 2013, but he singled out Meadow, calling her a “very, very, very special teen.”
Walker also received a posthumous Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actor: Action.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up