An emotional Vin Diesel praised Paul Walker and his daughter Meadow during this year’s Teen Choice Awards after Furious 7 took home the award for Choice Movie: Action.
“I can’t stand here and be rewarded like this without talking about somebody very, very, very important to us,” Diesel, who stood alongside costars Ludacris, Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez, said as the crowd cheered. “One of the best blessings in our lives is the fact that we have the opportunity to call Pablo our brother. Paul Walker is here in spirit with us.”
Diesel said that Walker’s family kept the cast going following the actor’s death in 2013, but he singled out Meadow, calling her a “very, very, very special teen.”
Walker also received a posthumous Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actor: Action.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time