Entertainment Weekly was on hand at the 2015 D23 Expo, relaying all the exciting information from the panels. But seeing is believing, right? Video footage from inside the annual event has surfaced for those who weren’t able to attend.
The most talked about panels were, of course, Marvel and Lucasfilm. Disney brought out Kevin Feige to talk about the former, specifically Doctor Strange and Captain America: Civil War. Though Benedict Cumberbatch couldn’t make it to Anaheim, California, for the event, he sent a pre-recorded video message. “I’m very, very, very lucky, very excited to be taking on Doctor Strange for Marvel,” the actor said.
Following the reveal of some Inception-esque concept art for Doctor Strange, Feige brought out Anthony Mackie (Falcon) and Chris Evans (Captain America) to reveal the first footage of Civil War. You can getall the details on both films here, but check out a video clip from the panel below.
For Star Wars, Disney introduced The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams and his stars John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, and Harrison Ford. “I am delighted to be here now with J.J. and this wonderful cast,” Ford said, “and with Disney, who has really supported this effort in a really extraordinary way.” Watch them hit the stage in the video below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating