H&M’s sister store, & Other Stories, launched an ad campaign featuring transgender models on Friday.
& Other Stories joins other stores and brands like Barneys New York and Make Up For Ever in creating ads that include a more diverse range of models, including transgender ones, in hopes of broadening the standards of beauty and gender identity.
The forward-thinking brand not only featured models Valentijn De Hingh and Hari Nefstylist, who are both transgender, they also hired crew members who identify as transgender—photographer Amos Mac, stylist Love Bailey and makeup artist Nina Poon—to work behind the camera on the shoot.
“The fashion world is embracing transgender models and we think that’s great,” & Other Stories’ creative director Sara Hildén Bengtson said in a press release. “But we couldn’t help to ask ourselves how the traditional fashion gaze can change if we keep the same normative crew behind the camera. So we invited five amazing creatives, all transgender, to make our latest story.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time