If you’re claustrophobic then Jimmy Fallon’s new Tonight Show segment may not be for you. On Friday night, Fallon and House of Cards star Kevin Spacey played “Phone Booth,” a trivia game played inside a pair of phone booths. If the contestant answers incorrectly – or their opponent gets a question right – another person is added to the opposing player’s booth.
Needless to say, things didn’t go well for Spacey at first. The initial few rounds found Keegan-Michael Key from Key and Peele, 6-foot-11 NBA Draft pick Karl-Anthony Towns, and actress Mae Whitman turning Spacey’s booth into a glass case of emotion. Said Spacey upon answering the phone to play in a later round: “Yes, most ridiculous sketch ever.”
But fortunately, the tide turned – and not a moment too soon, since Fallon even had Big Bird waiting in the wings to join the fun.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org