As a member of the Emma Stone-approved Korean girl group 2NE1, CL is already an international superstar—she beat out Lady Gaga and Rihanna and barely lost to Vladimir Putin on this year’s TIME 100 readers poll. She’s been working with Major Lazer mastermind Diplo on English-language solo material expected this fall, and the video for their first track together, “Doctor Pepper,” is out now. There’s a lot competing for attention here—Hummer limos, special effects, twerking dancers and two other rappers—but CL makes her solo star power known on a song she says she cranked out almost as fast as she finished a soda.
You know those scenes in action movies where the good guy put on their sunglasses and walk in slow-motion in a V-formation? That’s what this song sounds like.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com