A 26-year-old Oregon cat has reclaimed the title of world’s oldest cat about two months after the feline that beat it out for the title in 2014, Tiffany Two of San Diego, died at 27 years old.
Corduroy — a Maine Coon that is 26 years and 13 days old, to be exact — has been described as a “lover of sharp cheddar and mice” that roams the 160-acre ranch where its owner Ashley Reed Okura lives.
The record for oldest cat ever belongs to Crème Puff of Austin, Texas, a black and white feline that lived 38 years and 3 days.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time