Bryan Cranston may not actually be a Donald Trump supporter, but he does find the 2016 Republican frontrunner to be “refreshing.”
The Breaking Bad actor shared his thoughts about the presidential candidate on the Nerdist podcast this week, explaining, “There’s something so refreshing about shaking up that world that is all about being handled, and here comes this loose cannon who has terrible ideas and would be a horrible president, but there’s something great about his ‘I-don’t-give-a-sh-t’ attitude that really kind of keeps others honest.”
Trump’s often provocative statements have indeed forced his fellow candidates to clarify their positions on controversial issues, from immigration to the treatment of women. “I think it’s a surprise benefit to the country, actually,” Cranston said. “I hope he stays in for a long, long time. And just collapses that whole tent of his.” Listen to the full conversation above.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This