Bryan Cranston may not actually be a Donald Trump supporter, but he does find the 2016 Republican frontrunner to be “refreshing.”
The Breaking Bad actor shared his thoughts about the presidential candidate on the Nerdist podcast this week, explaining, “There’s something so refreshing about shaking up that world that is all about being handled, and here comes this loose cannon who has terrible ideas and would be a horrible president, but there’s something great about his ‘I-don’t-give-a-sh-t’ attitude that really kind of keeps others honest.”
Trump’s often provocative statements have indeed forced his fellow candidates to clarify their positions on controversial issues, from immigration to the treatment of women. “I think it’s a surprise benefit to the country, actually,” Cranston said. “I hope he stays in for a long, long time. And just collapses that whole tent of his.” Listen to the full conversation above.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time