A roller coaster struck and killed a patron at an Ohio theme park died on Thursday, park officials said. The patron reportedly entered a “restricted, fenced area” of the Raptor roller coaster at the Cedar Point Theme Park at about 5 p.m. local time. The guest was soon after struck by the coaster and later died.
Several details about the incident, including the gender and age of the patron, have not yet been released. Cedar Point tweeted that their “thoughts and prayers” are with the patrons family. Local investigators are currently investigating the incident, according to a statement published by Fox8 News in Cleveland.
Cedar Point, located in Sandusky, Ohio, bills itself as the “roller coaster capital of the world.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.