Watch this video alone … with tissues … and in a soundproof room. We promise it is in your best interest.
The big, beautiful dog in this clip is Sophia the St. Bernard on her last day of life. Two months ago, Sophia was diagnosed with bone cancer and wasn’t able to beat it. Before sending her furry friend across the rainbow bridge, Sophia’s owner, Alyson Page, wanted to give her pet a meaningful goodbye.
“She absolutely loves the snow,” Page explains in the video. “I’ve been searching for ideas, just something to make the last time that we’ve got with her really special, because she’s been such a special dog.”
Page reached out to indoor ski slop Chill Factore in Manchester, England, to see if she could arrange one last romp in the cold stuff for Sophia. The day before Sophia was put to sleep, Chill Factore replied and invited her to the winter wonderland.
In the video of her snowy play date, Sophia seems like a young pup again, happily bounding and rolling around the slopes.
“She’s not really shown any interest in anything for a good couple of weeks now, so just to see her with a waggy tail and diving around in the snow … it’s just been amazing,” Page says.
“It’s her last day, so it’s just been a wonderful end for her,” said Page. “I can’t even begin to say how much we’re going to miss her, but it’s made me happy knowing that she’s had such a wonderful day today.”
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up