Here’s what’s cooking in the first trailer for Burnt, starring Bradley Cooper as a former rock-star chef reviving his once-sizzling career: mouthwatering entrées, delectable desserts, and, as Cooper says in his voiceover, plenty of heat, pressure, and violence in the kitchen.
The Oscar nominee plays Adam Jones, a chef who once a sensation after he moved to Paris at 16 to learn how to cook — but then lost everything to drug abuse. After he decides to clean up, he moves to London to restore his reputation. “I want people to sit at that table and be sick with longing,” he says in the trailer. “The kitchen’s the only place where I’ve ever felt like I really belonged.”
Burnt hits theaters Oct. 23.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating