Here’s what’s cooking in the first trailer for Burnt, starring Bradley Cooper as a former rock-star chef reviving his once-sizzling career: mouthwatering entrées, delectable desserts, and, as Cooper says in his voiceover, plenty of heat, pressure, and violence in the kitchen.
The Oscar nominee plays Adam Jones, a chef who once a sensation after he moved to Paris at 16 to learn how to cook — but then lost everything to drug abuse. After he decides to clean up, he moves to London to restore his reputation. “I want people to sit at that table and be sick with longing,” he says in the trailer. “The kitchen’s the only place where I’ve ever felt like I really belonged.”
Burnt hits theaters Oct. 23.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer