Here’s what’s cooking in the first trailer for Burnt, starring Bradley Cooper as a former rock-star chef reviving his once-sizzling career: mouthwatering entrées, delectable desserts, and, as Cooper says in his voiceover, plenty of heat, pressure, and violence in the kitchen.
The Oscar nominee plays Adam Jones, a chef who once a sensation after he moved to Paris at 16 to learn how to cook — but then lost everything to drug abuse. After he decides to clean up, he moves to London to restore his reputation. “I want people to sit at that table and be sick with longing,” he says in the trailer. “The kitchen’s the only place where I’ve ever felt like I really belonged.”
Burnt hits theaters Oct. 23.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time