Sony Pictures Classics has released the first look at Tom Hiddleston as country music legend Hank Williams in the upcoming biopic I Saw the Light.
The image shows a clean-cut Hiddleston (no Loki hair or Avengers intergalactic garb here) wearing a cowboy hat and dressed in a suit and tie.
I Saw the Light will follow Williams’ rise to fame and tragic personal life, which ended with his death at age 29 from heart failure after battling alcoholism, prescription drug abuse and back problems.
Elizabeth Olsen costars as Williams’ wife, Audrey Mae, and the cast also includes Cherry Jones, Bradley Whitford, Maddie Hasson, and Wren Schmidt.
The film, written and directed by Marc Abraham, is named for Williams’ 1948 song of the same name and based on the 1994 book Hank Williams: The Biography. It opens in limited release on Nov. 27, and will go nationwide after that.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time