Sony Pictures Classics has released the first look at Tom Hiddleston as country music legend Hank Williams in the upcoming biopic I Saw the Light.
The image shows a clean-cut Hiddleston (no Loki hair or Avengers intergalactic garb here) wearing a cowboy hat and dressed in a suit and tie.
I Saw the Light will follow Williams’ rise to fame and tragic personal life, which ended with his death at age 29 from heart failure after battling alcoholism, prescription drug abuse and back problems.
Elizabeth Olsen costars as Williams’ wife, Audrey Mae, and the cast also includes Cherry Jones, Bradley Whitford, Maddie Hasson, and Wren Schmidt.
The film, written and directed by Marc Abraham, is named for Williams’ 1948 song of the same name and based on the 1994 book Hank Williams: The Biography. It opens in limited release on Nov. 27, and will go nationwide after that.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body