Sony Pictures Classics has released the first look at Tom Hiddleston as country music legend Hank Williams in the upcoming biopic I Saw the Light.
The image shows a clean-cut Hiddleston (no Loki hair or Avengers intergalactic garb here) wearing a cowboy hat and dressed in a suit and tie.
I Saw the Light will follow Williams’ rise to fame and tragic personal life, which ended with his death at age 29 from heart failure after battling alcoholism, prescription drug abuse and back problems.
Elizabeth Olsen costars as Williams’ wife, Audrey Mae, and the cast also includes Cherry Jones, Bradley Whitford, Maddie Hasson, and Wren Schmidt.
The film, written and directed by Marc Abraham, is named for Williams’ 1948 song of the same name and based on the 1994 book Hank Williams: The Biography. It opens in limited release on Nov. 27, and will go nationwide after that.
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year