Resident Evil 2, the classic survivalist horror video game, is making a comeback, Capcom announced Wednesday.
The details are hazy at this point, but the remake is being led by Yoshiaki Hirabayashi under Capcom’s R&D Division 1. Hirabayashi also headed up Capcom’s relaunch of original Resident Evil, which came out this year.
Capcom made the announcement in a video on its website.
“Fans have been asking for an RE2 remake for years now, and we’re happy to finally confirm one is coming,” the company wrote in the blog announcement. “However, as [Hirabayashi] mentions in the video, you’re learning this news practically as fast as it happens, so further updates may take some time. Game development is a long process and the team wants to deliver a remake that lives up to expectations.”
Watch the full video here:
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World