Resident Evil 2, the classic survivalist horror video game, is making a comeback, Capcom announced Wednesday.
The details are hazy at this point, but the remake is being led by Yoshiaki Hirabayashi under Capcom’s R&D Division 1. Hirabayashi also headed up Capcom’s relaunch of original Resident Evil, which came out this year.
Capcom made the announcement in a video on its website.
“Fans have been asking for an RE2 remake for years now, and we’re happy to finally confirm one is coming,” the company wrote in the blog announcement. “However, as [Hirabayashi] mentions in the video, you’re learning this news practically as fast as it happens, so further updates may take some time. Game development is a long process and the team wants to deliver a remake that lives up to expectations.”
Watch the full video here:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving