When Tom Brady steps onto a football field he turns into a throwing machine, one of the NFL’s all time greatest quarterbacks. When he steps into a courtroom, he apparently becomes a lifeless zombie, a terrifying creature who’s face appears to be melting. Or at least that’s what court room sketches would have you believe.
Sketches of Brady’s Wednesday court appearance have drawn the ire of anyone who has ever seen a photo of the charming quarterback. Some have even transformed the sketches into a meme.
How bad are they? See for yourself.
Asked about her rendering of Brady, the artist behind the sketch gave the Boston Globe a simple answer.
“I don’t tend to flatter people,” she said, according to the reporter.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement