“The BeachBot is not just a lifeless, mechanical being; it is a friendly looking creature with a soul.”
At least that’s what’s written on the BeachBot website.
This robot is able to carve pictures into the sand using a rake made of seven movable parts, allowing it to draw lines of various widths from a minimum of 5 cm to a maximum of 40 cm. An aluminum shell and sealing lips completely protect the robot’s internal structure.
This adorable turtle-like machine (or creature with a soul, as it’ll have you believe) was an idea imagined and developed by Disney Research. This explains the BeachBot’s predilection for Disney characters.
Try to find Nemo:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms